HIRING Laundry Assistant: Student Position
We are gearing up for our busy season! CMNGD is excited to offer a 8 weeks from June to end of July to a summer student. There is a possibility of the position being extended based on our volume and fit.
CMNGD is a linen service tailored to the hospitality industry, we take our clients napkins, tablecloths, uniforms, bed sheets and towels and wash them on a daily basis. It is imperative we provide incredible service to our partners to support our social mission.
You will be working in a laundry plant warehouse off Memorial Drive and 28 St NE, close to a C-train station. You will be sorting and counting the laundry as it comes in, operating laundry & ironing machines, organizing & counting inventory, clean up and working alongside our hard working & committed employees.
- Ability to work weekends & evenings
- Lift up to 80lbs
- Steel toed boots required
- Counting, organizing and ability to communicate & work with others
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Student pay is minimum wage from June to July, 8 weeks with the possibility of extension.